Thank you for your interest in a 2019 committee member position for Purdue University Dance Marathon! Committee Member positions are essential to the success of PUDM. You are encouraged to be familiar with the positions before applying, including responsibilities and time commitments. Responsibilities and time commitments include, but are not limited to, attending weekly meetings, attending PUDM events, promoting our organization and fundraising throughout the year. Please be aware that if you accept your position, you will be held responsible starting February 2019 through the end of the PUDM term calendar year (November 2019). If you have any questions about the positions or the application process, please contact email@example.com.
- Committee members will attend and help with in-event fundraising at PUDM Athletic events.
- Flyering in dining courts and Residence Halls
- As a Committee, we will attend events hosted by other organizations together.
- Campus Relations meets on Tuesdays at 7pm
- Commonality: Everyone who joins FSCL Outreach already has a common ground in being involved in Greek/Cooperative and can build more relationships in this community.
- Will be in a distinct group within FSCL that will be in charge of emailing a smaller group of houses with updates/upcoming events at meetings
- FSCL Outreach meets on Tuesdays at 7:30pm
- The Fun(d) Fam
- Help inspire and motivate other Committee Members to take part in the “F” of “#FIREDupFTK”
- Ability to help shape the fundraising culture of PUDM by providing feedback and insight into the formation of challenges and push days
- Fundraising meets on Wednesdays at 7pm
- HSMR (as a word), Minis, OM(inis)AM(inis)
- Spend weekends together traveling to high school marathons
- Group discussions to provide feedback on elementary and high school marathons
- HSMR meets on Tuesdays at 7pm
- Nickname: Lo(ve)gistics, Litgistics
- Hand Sign: Fingers in L Shape, Flipping on forehead
- Logistics Committee Members are the “Secret Service of the Marathon”
- Provide creative feedback and suggestions for the Marathon
- You get to know the themes, timeline, and entertainment acts before almost everyone else does in PUDM.
- Logistics meets on Wednesdays at 7:30pm
- Committee Saying: Once morale, always morale (OMAM)
- Quite literally, spread morale at the marathon to keep everyone smiling all 18 hours
- Create and perform the line dance at PUDM events
- With a small group of 8-10 moralers, develop strategies to lead and engage your color track at the marathon
- Morale meets on Wednesdays at 7pm
- Committee nickname: Ducks, ODAD
- The Pond: The room that Productions gets at the marathon where we store our technology.
- You will have the opportunity to learn about photography, design, and other media, such as Adobe Suite.
- Ducks are the photographers and videographers of the organization.
- Productions meets on Wednesdays at 7:30pm
- Nicknames: PROPTOP, The P-Rmy
- Together, we will devise how campus and the community perceive PUDM.
- Public Relations meets on Wednesdays at 6:30pm
- Committee Nickname: Riley R
- Our mission is to ensure that each and every Riley family feels loved, supported, and appreciated by PUDM! Throughout the year, our Committee will be reaching out to families and gearing up to celebrate them at the marathon.
- Riley Relations meets on Tuesdays at 8pm
- SpCulture: You will inadvertently start putting “Sp” in front of every word you say.
- You will have the opportunity to brainstorm and spwork special events throughout the year.
- Special Events meets on Tuesdays at 6:30pm
- Members will have the opportunity to learn how to interact with company executives and owners.
- Great professional experience to have on a resume
Committee Members will be helping run the hospitality gym at the marathon and handling food.
Committee Members will be helping out at Skip A Meals, such for Stix For Kids at Hot Box.
- Sponsorships meets on Tuesdays at 7pm